Travel Quotes for the Family: I personally feel that traveling should and can be such a huge part of our lives, especially for those who have kids. Some might think traveling with kids is hard. Although there might be some difficulties than when traveling by yourself, it’s really not all that difficult.
If you are a family that travels, sometimes you need just a little bit of inspiration to help get you through the day. Below, I have posted my top 20 favorite travel quotes for the family that go along with having a family. Some of these quotes can really be great to put up in your home too.
1. “Travel is not reward for working, its education for living.” – Anthony Bourdain
THIS. I fully agree with this! I fell like most people these days just view traveling at something extra, not something that you actually need and can learn from.
2. “Work will fill your pockets. But travel will fill your soul.”- Unknown
Obviously you need to work in order to have money to travel, but I love the sentiment of this.
3. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
Every time we come back from a vacation, I always feel closer to my family. When we are home, things just get in the way. When we are on vacation, we actually get to be together.
4. “Your children only get one childhood- make it memorable.”- Regina Brett
This is so true! And traveling makes for so many great and wonderful memories for them!
5. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
Your family is your home! So wherever your family is, there is your home.
6. “Not all classrooms have four walls.”- Unknown
Exactly! There is so much that your kids can learn just by being on the road and traveling.
7. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Suess
This is so true! Sometimes we are just moving so fast that we don’t realize how important that moment really is until it becomes a memory.
8. “Having kids is a reason to travel, never a reason to stop.”- Unknown
I love this so much! I often hear people say that they can’t travel because they have kids. But having kids should be the reason why you travel!
9. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
When you think about your childhood, do you think about all the ‘stuff’ you had? Maybe, if it was something really special to you. But I bet most of the things you remember from your childhood are the experiences that we had. Let’s leave them with happy memories of experiences.
10. “There is no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this”- Unknown
I reeeaaallly dislike when I hear kids say “I’m bored!” even though they have so many toys and things around them. But while traveling, they will be able to see the world around them and never be bored.
11. “The best education you will ever get is traveling. Nothing teaches you more than exploring the world and accumulating experiences.” – Mark Paterson
Not only can you learn about history and culture while you are traveling, but you will also learn more about each other in your family. You will learn patience, you will learn to adapt, and you will learn to love.
12. “It’s never to early to begin exploring the world”- Unknown
This is so true! The earlier you start traveling with your kids, the easier it actually becomes.
13. “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
Yup. I can say this from experience! Once the travel bug bites you, there is no cure but to travel more!
14. “There are no perfect parents and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way.” – Dave Willis
I totally agree with this one for sure! No person is perfect, but- as unperfect people- we can have perfect moments with our family.
15. “Life is an adventure better traveled together”
This is so true! Adventures are always fun, but when you get to go on an adventure with your family, it’s even better!
16. “Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R Swindoll
Are we making positive deposits? I truly feel that traveling and experiencing life with them will make positive deposits into our children’s memory.
17. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list”
This is just a great quote in general. The want to explore and see everything we can is a great thing to instill in our kids.
18. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
I am not against working hard, I am actually totally for it. But sometimes you have to evaluate your life and figure out if that job that you are working 60+ hours a week is actually worth it.
19. “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” – Unknown
This is one of my favorite travel quotes for the family! Downsizing your life (like getting a smaller house, not getting the latest phone, etc. ), will allow you to fill your life with experiences and travel, and not stuff.
20 “Adventure is out there!”- UP!
Chances are, your kids will know where this quote is from. It’s from the wonderful Disney movie, UP! This is a great quote for kids to hear because not only is it something that they will recognize, but it’s a good reminder that there is adventure out there!
What do you think about these travel quotes for the family? Do you have a favorite? Is there one not on this list that you love? Let me know in the comments down below!
Don’t forget to save this to Pinterest so you don’t lose this!
Also, follow us on Facebook to see more of our adventures!
Want to learn more about me? Then click here!